- Exemption to senior advocate in respect of service to advocate or to partnership of advocates and a person represented on an arbitral tribunal to an arbitral tribunal is being withdrawn from 1st April, 2016. Service tax should be charged in bill under forward charges and paid to government.
- Exemption to transportation of passenger services , with or without accompanied belongings by ropeway, cable car or aerial transway – s.no. 23(c) has been withdrawn from 1st april, 2016. So these services are taxable.
- Exemption has been extended to life insurance service by way of annuity under national pension system regulated by PFRDA. This exemption is effective from 1/4/2016.
- Exemption has been extended for services provided by EPFO.
- Exemption has been extended for services provided by SEBI.
- Services provided by Biotechnology Industry research assistance council – BIRAC approved incubators to incubatees are being exempted.
- Services by National Centre for Cold Chain Development are being exempted.
- Services of IRDA are being exempted.
- For performing artist in folk or classical art forms of music, dance or theater , threshold exemption limit is being increased from Rs. 1 Lakh to Rs. 1.5 Lakh per performance.
- Skill vocational training service provided by Deen Dayal Upadyay Grameen Kaushalya Yojana taining partners are being exempted.
- Services of assessing bodies empanelled by DGT or Ministry of skill development and Entrepreneurship are being exempted.
Is a Practicing CA from Delhi .
Latest posts by Abhishek Sharma (see all)
- Key Changes in Direct Tax -Budget 2017 - February 10, 2017
- Income Tax Slab FY 2017-2018 AY 2018-2019 - February 1, 2017
- Highlights of the Union budget for 2017-18 presented by Finance Minister Arun Jaitley - February 1, 2017