Appeals from convictions under sections 344, 345, 349 and 350 :
Section – 351 . (1) Any person sentenced by any Court other than a High Court under section 344, section 345, section 349, or section 350 may, notwithstanding anything contained in this Code appeal to the Court to which decrees or orders made in such Court are ordinarily appealable.
(2) The provisions of Chapter XXIX shall, so far as they are applicable, apply to appeals under this section, and the Appellate Court may alter or reverse the finding, or reduce or reverse the sentence appealed against.
(3) An appeal from such conviction by a Court of Small Causes shall lie to the Court of Session for the sessions division within which such Court is situate.
(4) An appeal from such conviction by any Registrar or Sub-Registrar deemed to be a Civil Court by virtue of a direction issued under section 347 shall lie to the Court of Session for the sessions division within which the office of such Registrar or Sub-Registrar is situate.
Latest posts by Tina Saha (see all)
- Seeks to amend notification No. 8/2017- Integrated Tax (Rate) so as to notify IGST rates of various services as recommended by Goods and Services Tax Council in its 28th meeting held on 21.07.2018. - November 16, 2018
- Seeks to exempt payment of tax under section 5(4) of the IGST Act, 2017 till 30.09.2018 - November 14, 2018
- Seeks to amend notification No. 04/2017- Integrated Tax (Rate) dated 28.06.2017 so as to notify levy of Priority Sector Lending Certificate (PSLC) under Reverse Charge Mechanism (RCM) - November 14, 2018