Section-269E. (1) Objections against the acquisition of the immovable property in respect of which a notice has been published in the Official Gazette under sub-section (1) of section 269D may be made—
(a) by the transferor or the transferee or any other person referred to in clause (a) of sub-section (2) of that section, within a period of forty-five days from the date of such publication or a period of thirty days from the date of service of notice on such person under the said clause, whichever period expires later ;
(b) by any other person interested in such immovable property, within forty-five days from the date of such publication.
(2) Every objection under sub-section (1) shall be made to the competent authority in writing.
(3) For the removal of doubts, it is hereby declared that objection may be made under sub-section (1) that the provisions of clause (a) of sub-section (2) of section 269C do not apply in relation to any immovable property on the ground that the fair market value of such property does not exceed the apparent consideration therefor by more than twenty-five per cent of such apparent consideration.
Latest posts by Tina Saha (see all)
- Seeks to amend notification No. 8/2017- Integrated Tax (Rate) so as to notify IGST rates of various services as recommended by Goods and Services Tax Council in its 28th meeting held on 21.07.2018. - November 16, 2018
- Seeks to exempt payment of tax under section 5(4) of the IGST Act, 2017 till 30.09.2018 - November 14, 2018
- Seeks to amend notification No. 04/2017- Integrated Tax (Rate) dated 28.06.2017 so as to notify levy of Priority Sector Lending Certificate (PSLC) under Reverse Charge Mechanism (RCM) - November 14, 2018