Red herring prospectus
(1) A company proposing to make an offer of securities may issue a red herring prospectus prior to the issue of a prospectus.
(2) A company proposing to issue a red herring prospectus under sub-section (1) shall file it with the Registrar at least three days prior to the opening of the subscription list and the offer.
(3) A red herring prospectus shall carry the same obligations as are applicable to a prospectus and any variation between the red herring prospectus and a prospectus shall be highlighted as variations in the prospectus.
(4) Upon the closing of the offer of securities under this section, the prospectus stating therein the total capital raised, whether by way of debt or share capital, and the closing price of the securities and any other details as are not included in the red herring prospectus shall be filed with the Registrar and the Securities and Exchange Board.
Explanation.—For the purposes of this section, the expression “red herring prospectus” means a prospectus which does not include complete particulars of the quantum or price of the securities included therein.
Latest posts by arunak (see all)
- Career Counselling Committee (CCC), ICAI is organizing Career Counselling Programme on 23rd September 2016 at Near Bus-Stand,Near Market, Chhipdi, Ta-Kathlal,Dist-Kheda, Gujrat - September 23, 2016
- Penal Provisions - August 22, 2016
- Requirements with respect to the listing of units or any other instrument of a Collective Investment Scheme on a recognised stock exchange - August 22, 2016