Stay of proceedings in pursuance of certificate and amendment or cancellation thereof :
Section -225. (1) It shall be lawful for the Tax Recovery Officer to grant time for the payment of any tax and when he does so, he shall stay the proceedings for the recovery of such tax until the expiry of the time so granted.
(2) Where the order giving rise to a demand of tax for which a certificate has been drawn up is modified in appeal or other proceeding under this Act, and, as a consequence thereof, the demand is reduced but the order is the subject-matter of further proceeding under this Act, the Tax Recovery Officer shall stay the recovery of such part of the amount specified in the certificate as pertains to the said reduction for the period for which the appeal or other proceeding remains pending.
(3) Where a certificate has been drawn up and subsequently the amount of the outstanding demand is reduced as a result of an appeal or other proceeding under this Act, the Tax Recovery Officer shall, when the order which was the subject-matter of such appeal or other proceeding has become final and conclusive, amend the certificate, or cancel it, as the case may be.
Latest posts by Tina Saha (see all)
- Definitions - October 13, 2018
- Activities or Transactions Which Shall be Treated Neither as A Supply of Goods Nor a Supply Oof Services - October 13, 2018
- Activities to be Treated as Supply of Goods or Supply of Services - October 13, 2018