The District Consumer Protection Council :
Section – 8A. (1) The State Government shall establish for every district, by notification, a council to be known as the District Consumer Protection Council with effect from such date as it may specify in such notification.
(2) The District Consumer Protection Council (hereinafter referred to as the District Council) shall consist of the following members, namely:—
|(a)||the Collector of the district (by whatever name called), who shall be its Chairman; and|
|(b)||such number of other official and non-official members representing such interests as may be prescribed by the State Government.|
(3) The District Council shall meet as and when necessary but not less than two meetings shall be held every year.
(4) The District Council shall meet at such time and place within the district as the Chairman may think fit and shall observe such procedure in regard to the transaction of its business as may be prescribed by the State Government.
Latest posts by Tina Saha (see all)
- Definitions - October 13, 2018
- Activities or Transactions Which Shall be Treated Neither as A Supply of Goods Nor a Supply Oof Services - October 13, 2018
- Activities to be Treated as Supply of Goods or Supply of Services - October 13, 2018