The State Consumer Protection Councils :
Section – 7. (1) The State Government [shall], by notification, establish with effect from such date as it may specify in such notification, a Council to be known as the Consumer Protection Council for……………………………(hereinafter referred to as State Council).
[(2) The State Council shall consist of the following members, namely :—
|(a)||the Minister in-charge of consumer affairs in the State Government who shall be its Chairman;|
|(b)||such number of other official or non-official members representing such interests as may be prescribed by the State Government;|
|[(c)||such number of other official or non-official members, not exceeding ten, as may be nominated by the Central Government.]|
(3) The State Council shall meet as and when necessary but not less than two meetings shall be held every year.
(4) The State Council shall meet at such time and place as the Chairman may think fit and shall observe such procedure in regard to the transaction of its business as may be prescribed by the State Government.
Latest posts by Tina Saha (see all)
- Seeks to exempt supply from PSU to PSU from applicability of provisions relating to TDS. - November 28, 2018
- Income–tax (Twelfth Amendment) Rules, 2018 - November 28, 2018
- Central Government hereby establishes an Appellate Tribunal at New Delhi to hear appeals against the orders of the Adjudicating Authority under the said Act - November 28, 2018